Structured methods for operational risk analysis
In collaboration with Elseware, we conducted a study to explore the use of structured scenarios for operational risk measurement, specifically structured scenarios based on Bayesian networks. Our aim was to discover how financial institutions are using structured scenarios.
Download the free summary report for an overview of our key findings from the project.
Find out how you can use structured scenarios to support operational risk measurement at your firm
This project explored two key questions:
- Can the industry work together to create a factor-driven approach to measure operational risk that more adequately reflects the organisational risk profile?
- What can ORX do to support firms that are using, or plan to implement, such an approach?
The free summary report gives you information on a range of key areas, including:
- Visualising structured scenarios
- Why use structured scenarios?
- Bayesian networks for operational risk management
The report also presents two example structures that were developed during the study – one on Pandemic and one on Vendor Failure. Just fill in the form to download the free summary report and find out more.
Looking for more insights into operational risk?
At ORX, it's our mission to help operational risk managers like you manage risk effectively and efficiently. We do this through research studies and white papers, operational risk loss data, networking and collaboration and dedicated services for operational risk news, scenarios and cyber risk management.